Gratitude for 2015

2015 was a difficult year.

Even with the difficulties, I succeeded in many ways beyond my wildest dreams.

Here are some things I was grateful for in 2015.

1. Friends.

I'm grateful for two particular friends in 2015: my best friend at home, and my close friend at Uni. I have other friends here at home, and I had others at Uni, but without these two closer friends, Uni would have been unbearable.

2. Finishing my Bachelor of Music.

I hate that feeling of always having an assignment due. That feeling's gone now. I feel liberated.

Apparently, I did learn from my mistakes. For some of my classes, I handed in work early. I reflected on seminars and handed in the reflections so I could sleep in on Wednesday mornings. And when given the opportunity to do a performance mid-semester instead of writing an end-of-year essay (of 2,000 words), I tentatively took it up (and did well), knowing it would ease the stress during exam and recital time.

3. Landing an amazing job as an Early Childhood Educator right as Uni finished.

In July I began volunteering at a childcare centre. I wanted to feel competent in the workplace before going on placement for my Diploma (of Early Childhood Education and Care). 

Working with children came naturally to me, but I knew there were a lot of other things I'd have to learn. So every now and then the educators asked me to do things and showed me how to do them. If I was ever unsure, I'd ask, and over the weeks I built up my skills.

I'd expressed that I'd be interested in work when I got further through my studies. So one day when volunteering (and not much further in my studies), I got a big surprise when the director came and asked me if I'd like a paid shift.

Like that, I got on the casuals list and am now officially an Early Childhood Educator.

For the first time ever, I'm earning real money with a real job, and absolutely loving it.

I've also been told there is potential for permanent work in the near future.

2016 is going to be a huge change.

- No more Uni. Although I'm studying a Diploma, it's online and self-paced.
- I will be going to my job, making money and coming home and being an adult and stuff.

I think 2016 is going to be the best year I've had in a long time.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! Sounds like you had a very successful year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly wanted to finish my degree, so I got a lot of icing on the cake. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Congrats, and have a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too. Thank you so much for following the blog! It means a lot. :)

      Delete
  3. Well done you - you know our "little" family is very proud of you. We don't see you as often, but we know it's because you're "adulting", and that's great, too -x- It's been wonderful hearing you speak with passion about your work at HH. You'll be alright, Big Ryan -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Your family was a very important part of my year as well. In the first semester when I had to go in five days a week, I always looked forward to seeing you all on the weekend.
      Not to mention, I probably wouldn't have the job I have right now if not for everything I learnt from being around you for the last two years, and helping out here and there. Thanks!

      Delete