Wake-Up Weirdness

This has been a weird week for sleep. I should have gone to bed earlier because, being a relief staff member, I can be called early in the morning to come to work.
I went to bed late anyway, and had some weird experiences when work called early.

WEDNESDAY

Although I'd gone to bed about 1:30 or 2:00 the night before, I somehow woke up before 6:30. After not having much work last week, I'd become insanely bored, and I decided I'd go volunteer at work to get some hours for my placement, and alleviate my boredom. 
Funnily enough, a couple of minutes later I got called and asked to go to work at 9:00. Lucky me, I got to go to work, get placement hours, and get paid for it.
Being awake already, I decided to get up and have a shower. And for me to have a shower in the morning is a momentous occasion. On any normal day, I would have slept in until the last minute, but having missed my shower the night before, I seized the opportunity to have a day at work with luscious, vibrant hair.
I think this is the first time I've been up an hour and forty-five minutes before anything in the morning.

FRIDAY

Again, I'd been up late the night before. But this time I didn't wake up early; I was still dreaming when work called.
In my dream I could hear my phone ringing. I tried desperately to sit up -- while asleep -- so I could wake up and answer it. I struggled against my brain, and actually heard a voice in my dream say, "Ryan's having trouble getting up." Even while I sat up, I was still dreaming. It was like the world tipped sideways.
I hadn't quite snapped out of it until I was upright and answering the phone. I put on my usual "happy-to-come-to-work" voice, and then tried to make sense of what had just happened.

The Moral of the Story

Going to bed late and getting up early only works once. Go to bed on time.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love it! And it's so true. I've been struggling this week with getting to bed on time as well.

    Thanks so much for stopping by today Ryan. I love the new blog so far and am looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having a read and following!

      Delete